Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Query Update

I'm right in the middle of my second query process, although this current manuscript is by no means the second book I've ever written. I won't go into details on all of those other novels (most of them never having made it past the fifth or sixth chapter). Suffice it to say that my first query process, which took up all of last summer, was a gigantic learning experience that landed that manuscript in the great query graveyard. I still love that story, and maybe someday I'll come back to it, but for right now I've quietly laid it to rest.

So now for a few statistics:

Total queries: 40
Pending queries: 11
Full requests: 0
Partial requests: 5
Rejections: 24

Of those partial requests, only two are still pending, and several of those pending queries should probably go into the no-response category by now. Still, I'm pretty happy with those numbers. When I first set out on query round two back in mid-June, I told myself I was going to be content with two requests (which should give you an idea of how well query round one went), and I've more than doubled that number already. And this manuscript isn't even on the critical list yet.

No comments: