Monday, August 26, 2013

Oodles of Winners

And the winners are in! In chronological order:

#1 GIDEON AND THE NIGHTMARE DEMON
#3 STU AND SATCH
#7 THE GUARDIAN OF SUDNER
#10 ONE WISH ASTRAY
#12 THE EXISTENCE OF BEA PEARL
#13 KIN
#16 FLOODED: THE TRUE STORY OF A GIRL AND HER DOGS
#20 THE DEXELON TWINCIDENT

Congratulations, winners! Ms. Sciuto would like to see your queries and first 25 pages (or the full text of the PB manuscripts), but feel free to take whatever time you need to revise based on her and others' feedback. In other words, there's no expiration date on these requests. Then when you're ready, please e-mail me at kvandolzer(at)gmail(dot)com for complete submission guidelines (or sooner, if you want to have the submission guidelines in hand as you're revising).

Last but not least, thank you, thank you, thank you for entering, promoting, and critiquing. I really appreciate your support. And the biggest thank-you of all to Ms. Sciuto for taking the time to leave such thoughtful feedback. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate your participation:)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners, and many thanks to Krista and Ms. Sciuto!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the contest and everyone for the wonderful feedback. So many wonderful entries. Wish you all the best! And a special thanks to Krista and Ms. Sciuto!

DEMETRA BRODSKY said...

Thanks for the opportunity to be included, Krista! Best of luck to the winners.

Angela Brown said...

Three cheers for all the winners.

I must say, critiquing each other was very interesting. However, I did a little tandem hop from sample to sample reading Ms. Scuito's crits. It was very enlightening to see things shared from an agent's angle. Really got me excited about participating in this. Thanks Krista :-)

Agent Sara Sciuto said...

Thanks so much, Krista, for hosting this contest and allowing me to guest judge! What a blast! This was a strong group and it was tough to narrow down the winners. Thanks also to all the participants for putting their queries up for a public critique. I really enjoyed seeing all of your unique concepts. Good luck with everyone's writing!

Margaret G. said...

Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you to Krista for providing such an amazing opportunity. And, thank you also to Ms. Sciuto for giving us insight into how an agent thinks. I'm so glad I got to participate and read everyone's queries and critiques.

ami said...

Congrats to the winners! And thank you SO much Krista for doing this! And extra thanks to Ms. Scuito for her helpful comments. (And to big THANK YOUS the other commenters as well. I have FINALLY been inspired to MOVE and was able to re-work my first 250 (and 1st pages) to something I feel will be better for my querying!
Ami (#17)

Candice said...

Yay! Beyond excited for this opportunity! Many thanks to Krista, the commenters and Ms. Sciuto for all the great feedback on not only my entry but all the helpful tips on others entries as well. (I will be analyzing all those entries that Ms. Sciuto complimented them on their queries since that was a weak point for me.)

Krista Van Dolzer said...

You're very welcome, Wendy, Natasha, and Demetra!

Angela, I always learn a lot from The Agent's comments, too. Contests are always fun, but I hope this one is also informative.

It was a strong group, wasn't it, Sara? I'll take a 33% request rate any day! :)

No problem, Margaret, ami, and Candice! I really do enjoy bringing agents and writers together.