Thursday, April 4, 2013

(Work-in-) Progress Report: Bonnie

Word count (to the nearest thousand): 72,000
Status: Waiting to hear back from the first round of betas
Attitude: Pumped

Just a quick note to say I sent Bonnie to her first round of betas last week and that the early feedback has been very positive. It's exciting, because I've felt the same way about Bonnie that I did about Steve, and it's nice to get a little validation. Plus, we all know how my good feelings about Steve turned out:)

Also, I wanted to let everyone know I'll be posting a contest alert for next week's round of "An Agent's Inbox" TOMORROW, so definitely come back and check that out. The lovely Melissa Sarver of Folio Literary Management will be judging next week's round, so you won't want to miss it!

Last but not least, I'd love to hear how your works-in-progress are going. Are you drafting, revising, querying? Are you happy, sad, going crazy? (Those activities and emotions generally match up for me:) )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent my WIP to my first round of beta readers last week, too. It's an MG sci-fi. So far the only feedback I've received was that they love the title, but that's ok. I don't expect anything else until they read the whole thing. I feel pretty good about it, but I know it will need some work. They always do after the first round!

Can't wait to hear more about Bonnie! I'm happy to return the reading favor if you need anyone else...

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Congrats on loving your book. That's always such a great feeling!

Kimberly said...

I'm doing all of the above and especially, going cra-zy. :)

I haven't been around for awhile but getting back into it so need to see if I can figure out from your blog what Steve is all about.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Woo congrats! I'm querying one MS, but I just finished my first round of revisions on another so i'm in a happy place

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks for the offer, Michelle! I'll definitely keep that in mind. And good luck with your new MG! I'd love to hear more about it sometime:)

Thanks, Chantele! It is!

Kimberly, Steve's official title is THE REGENERATED MAN, and you can read a little more about him under the "My Projects" tab at the top of the page. You can also check out his label in the sidebar, "Steve (work-in-progress)."

More power to you, Sarah! I was never able to query one manuscript and work on another at the same time, although I have learned the value of multitasking since I've been on sub:)