Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Happy Book Birthday to THE MULTIPLYING MYSTERIES OF MOUNT TEN!

They say you should write the book that only you can write, and if that's true, then this is more my book than any of the others. I solved my first logic puzzle when I was, like, ten years old, so I guess you could say that I've been writing this book for a long, long, long, long, long time:)

About THE MULTIPLYING MYSTERIES OF MOUNT TEN:

"Twelve-year-old painter Esther can't wait to attend Camp Vermeer, the most prestigious art camp around. But when her stepdad accidentally drives up the wrong mountain, she lands at Camp Archimedes--a math camp!

"Determined to prove herself to the other campers, she tackles a brain-teaser that’s supposed to be impossible--and solves it in a single day. But not everyone is happy about it...someone wants her out of camp at any cost, and starts leaving cryptic, threatening notes all over the camp’s grounds. Esther doesn’t know who to trust--will she solve this riddle before it’s too late?

"Featuring tricky logic puzzles readers can solve along with the characters and starring a unique, smart, and crafty young heroine, this story has just the right mix of mystery, humor, and wit."


If you'd told ten-year-old me that I was going to major in either math or English, I would have guessed English all the way. And yet I think my math degree made me an even better writer, and if it gave me the confidence to write this story down, then I couldn't be gladder.

“The isolated setting provides the perfect backdrop for this fast-paced mystery
by Van Dolzer starring a quirky crew of well-drawn characters.”
--Publishers Weekly

“It's a lot of fun as readers participate in Esther's journey and solve puzzles alongside her... 
The ending successfully twists readers' expectations,
and those who like thought puzzles will enjoy this book.”
--Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books

“Esther herself is solid and earnest, the math aspect is engaging,
and the exuberant energy of the story is contagious.”
--Kirkus

"A good middle school mystery that includes, art, literature, logic, and multiple subplots.
...Compares well to CHASING VERMEER and THE WESTING GAME.”
--School Library Connection

I'll host a giveaway or two either here or on Twitter over the next couple of months, but in the meantime, you can order THE MULTIPLYING MYSTERIES OF MOUNT TEN from all the usual suspects:


So get out there and math it up!

2 comments:

Michelle Mason said...

Congrats, Krista! I can't wait for my copy to arrive. I'm also looking forward to sharing it with L. He's been waiting for it!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thank you so much, Michelle, for your well wishes AND your insights. I hope L enjoys it!