Tuesday, February 6, 2018

What I've Been Up To Lately

Alternate title: "Has It Really Been Three Months Since I Blogged?"

The first thing you need to know is that I've scheduled another round of "An Agent's Inbox" for the last week in March (the week of March 26). I don't know which genres The Agent will be looking for yet, but I strongly suspect he or she will want to see various shades of YA and MG fiction, so if you've got a finished manuscript within one of those categories, get those queries and first pages polished up!

March's round of "An Agent's Inbox" will be the last round before the fall, as I'm going to be having a baby in April. Did you see that coming? I sure didn't. It's been a years-long process to get this baby here, and maybe I'll feel inclined to share the story of those years someday. For now, suffice it to say that we're extremely excited and a little overwhelmed. In some ways, it feels like we're first-time parents again, so we hope those instincts don't take that long to come back...

In book-related news, I've been revising, revising, revising for what feels like the last eight years (but was probably just the last eight months). EARTH TO DAD has a great cover that I can't wait to share, and DON'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE will be getting a new title soon, so definitely stay tuned!

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Congratulations! That's about all I've got to say!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats, Krista! So excited for you about your baby. Take the time you need off to enjoy the experience as much as you can. Blogging and writing will be there after a short break. Our kids grow up too fast to not enjoy them.

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks, JeffO!

Thank you, Natalie! (And thank you for the sage advice.)

Ben Spendlove said...

Congratulation, Krista! We had a five year gap, and it was long enough to get used to not having a baby, or even a toddler. And yet, I enjoyed having the last baby more than the others. Maybe he was more fun, maybe I was finally getting the hang of it.

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks for sharing, Ben. I hope we have the same experience!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll pick up those habits quickly :)

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks, Sylvia! I sure hope so:)