Monday, July 29, 2013

Amy's Book Sold!

When Amy and I connected on Kiersten White's blog a while back, I knew right away that she was going to be special. Her prose was smooth and lyrical, and she had a knack for writing characters I genuinely cared about.

Of course, just because I knew she was going to be special didn't mean she had an easy road; as I'm sure you're well aware, this industry isn't big on doling out warm-fuzzies. But when she signed with Kate at the end of last year, I started to hope, and now I'm thrilled to announce that her MG novel-in-verse, RED BUTTERFLY, sold to Christian Trimmer at Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers!

For all the juicy details, check out Amy's announcement as well as last week's rights report on Publishers Weekly. I can't wait for you to meet--and fall in love with--Kara.

9 comments:

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Heading over there now!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

You are so sweet. Thank you, Krista! xoxo

Unknown said...

Just read about the book on her blog. That is so exciting. Sounds like a good book.

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Yay, Charlie!

No problem, Amy! I'm one of your biggest fans:)

Thanks for checking it out, Karen!

Alison said...

I love this news, and I love when a fellow writer whose work I love gets such good news so I totally get why you are just as excited as Amy probably is. :)

Tara Dairman said...

Hooray--congratulations again, Amy! Can't wait to read it!

Susan Oloier said...

What excellent news! I love good news. Congrats to Amy.

Kimberly Gabriel said...

I absolutely adore her! This is such wonderful news!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Alison, if my manuscripts are like my kids, then my CPs' manuscripts are like my nieces and nephews. I want them to succeed as much as my own!

Tara, I think you'll love RED BUTTERFLY. Did you travels ever take you to China?

I love good news, too, Susan, especially when it involves someone as great as Amy:)

Me, too, Kimberly! I couldn't be happier!