Monday, August 1, 2011

The Agent = Sarah LaPolla of Curtis Brown, Ltd.

This month's agent was Sarah LaPolla of Curtis Brown, Ltd. You can find her all over the Web, so if you're looking for more information on our insightful agent, you might start by checking out these sites:

My interview with Ms. LaPolla
Ms. LaPolla's blog
Ms. LaPolla's Twitter page

And now for a few quick blurbs about Ms. LaPolla.

From Curtis Brown's website: "Sarah LaPolla began at Curtis Brown in 2008, working with Dave Barbor and Peter Ginsberg. Sarah is interested in literary fiction, narrative nonfiction, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, science fiction, literary horror, and young adult fiction. She loves complex characters, coming-of-age stories, and strong narrators. Sarah graduated from Ithaca College with a degree in Writing and English, and went on to receive her MFA in Creative Writing from The New School. She is always on the lookout for debut authors and welcomes e-mail submissions at sl(at)cbltd(dot)com."

From Ms. LaPolla's Twitter page (December 3, 2010): "Writers: I do not want vampires, angels, werewolves, shape-shifters, or zombies in my queries. Yours will not be the exception. Thank you.

"Witches, ghosts, fairies, and centaurs are still welcome. Especially scary ghost novels!"

I threw that last one in there for all you paranormal writers. When Amy asked about that a couple of weeks ago, I was like, "Ooh, ooh, I know the answer!" But I figured if I was too specific, I might give her away:)

And since Ms. LaPolla is so on top of everything, I'll announce the winners in a couple of hours...

No comments: