Friday, March 26, 2010

Word of the Week Wrap-up

Thanks, everyone, for playing another exciting round of Word of the Week. Now on to the definition!

From the Merriam-Webster: Fulgurant means flashing like lightning. Keep that in mind as you read the winning entry, from JustineDell:

"When the man who bumped into her grocery cart gave her (a) fulgurant laugh, she almost smacked him."

Ah, so many ways to interpret one small sentence:)

Two points to JustineDell--and one to Myrna Foster, whose entry I had to puzzle over the longest to understand ("I'm not going to give you the full 'grr' rant, but there are days when I think telemarketing should be illegal").

Thanks again for playing. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Myrna Foster said...

Sweet! I got a point for having the most obnoxious entry. ;)

I've only ever heard fulgurant used as an adjective for pain. Thanks for teaching me something new!

Charity Bradford said...

Oh, I missed it! I planned on playing when I read the post in google reader. Just forgot about it by the time I finished reading my back log of blogs.

I think this is one down side to google reader--no way to comment from that screen.

JE said...

Awesome! Thanks! After I did my sentence, I looked it up...and totally laughed ;-)

I like this game.

~JD

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Myrna, way to be obnoxious:)

Charity, sorry you missed out this time. I didn't realize Google reader was that way.

JustineDell, thanks for making ME laugh.