Friday, January 22, 2010

Word of the Week Wrap-up

Thanks to everyone who participated in the inaugural round of Word of the Week. I’m sure more will join in next time, when they realize how much fun they’re missing. But if not, I guess we’ll just have more points for less people. Nothing like a little point inflation to boost one’s self-esteem:)

And now for the definition. A kris, according to the all-knowing Merriam-Webster, is a Malay or Indonesian dagger with a ridged serpentine blade. (Can't help but grin wickedly as I type that.) Keep that in mind as you read the two winning entries:

Myrna Foster: “Kris, I'd say your nickname is more of a proper noun than just a plain old noun, but maybe you don't like being proper?”

Charity Bradford: “The taunting never stops. 'Kris cross, polka dots, if he touches you get your cootie shots!'”

Yeah, I don't think krises like being proper--and I'm pretty sure, if he touches you, you'll need more than just cootie shots:)

A point to both winners, who, you probably noticed, were also the only two people to play the game. See how generous, albeit Communistic, I am? Makes you want to play next time, doesn’t it? (Although you should in no way construe that as a promise to evenly distribute the points every time.)

In any case, have a great weekend, all! I’ll be back next week with a (work-in-) progress report. And maybe a query update. And maybe a few other thoughts that have been rolling around my brain of late...

1 comment:

bclement412 said...

Sounds like a fun game ;)