Wednesday, September 18, 2024

#PitchMe Finalists 2024

Without any ado, this year's #PitchMe finalists:

PB

J.L.'s 42 FOLDS
C.S.'s I AM JEWISH, I AM PROUD
S.H.'s ONIONS FOR BREAKFAST
S.M.'s CRAFTY & CLEVER: HOW FRANCES GLESSNER LEE TAUGHT POLICE TO OBSERVE
M.D.'s MOSQUITO IN A BURRITO
M.H.B.'s DEAR MATH

MG

A.T.'s THE GHOSTLIGHTS OF FROSTPROOF (magical realism)
W.W.'s ALEX BROOKSBY: BORN A THIEF (adventure mystery)
J.R.'s GOOD NEWS FROM HIGHER GROUND (contemporary)
C.L.'s PHOTO NEGATIVE (horror)
D.A.'s JAREN SILVERWING AND THE FORBIDDEN SPELL (fantasy)
S.B.'s SOS (historical adventure)

YA

M.M.W.'s THANKS FOR WAITING (contemporary romance)
J.O.'s AN INVITATION TO THE BANGTAIL (historical)
C.E.'s SEND RUDES (contemporary)
C.R.F.'s THE TAILOR OF BRIDEWATER BAY (historical horror)
A.M.'s EVANGELINE AND THE HORRENDOUS UNDEAD (contemporary fantasy)
V.S.'s SANDALWOOD & ROSE (historical Gothic fantasy)
J.W.'s STORM, TEARS & STARLIGHT (fantasy)
J.H.'s HORNED MOTHER, HUNGRY MOTHER, BRIDE OF THE WOODS (horror)

Adult

B.G.'s ORDINARY CRIME (cozy mystery)
M.B.'s DUST IN THE LIGHT (mystery)
J.M.'s THE FORGOTTEN INN (cozy fantasy)
H.D.'s SYMPHONY OF A HAUNTING (horror)
F.H.'s THE BLOODHOPPER WIVES (speculative thriller)
R.L.'s BEYOND THE PAGE (contemporary romance)
C.J.P.'s GALVESTON GOTHIC (historical Gothic romance)
J.E.W.'s THE GIRL WITH BLOOD ON HER DRESS (psychological thriller)
J.S.'s A HEALTHY BABY (book club)
D.C.'s THE HAPPY EVER AFTER HOUSE (paranormal romance)

Congratulations, finalists! We can't wait to get to work!

To all the other entrants, I'm so sorry. As a fellow writer, I know how much rejection hurts--and how much it makes you question yourself and your abilities. I wish I had more answers, but please believe me when I say I'm rooting for every one of you. Your stories have value because YOU have value, and I hope that, someday, you'll have an opportunity to share them with the world.

I'm hoping to offer feedback to everyone who entered #PitchMe once the agent round has wrapped on Thursday, October 24, but because I've got a few lines in the water right now, I can't commit to it just yet. Please check back in late October if you're interested; I'll definitely post something here and/or on Twitter if I'm able to provide that opportunity again.

5 comments:

cyndy drew etler said...

You are just wonderful. The time, work, and generosity that must go into this is mind boggling.

Cynthia Mackey said...

Krista, thank you so much for this. It is so generous and kind of you to offer this.

Anonymous said...

These titles all sound amazing!

Anonymous said...

thank you for all you do

M. G. Archer said...

Wish I could have participated this year, but I'm so happy for the finalists! Lots of great titles. Thanks for all your work, Krista. Looking forward to next year!