Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pitch Wars Pit Stop

Just popping in to remind you that the Pitch Wars teams are up on Brenda's blog, so definitely head over there and check those out.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I kept notes on all the applications that were sent directly to me, so if you'd like a little feedback on your query and/or first five, feel free to e-mail me at kvandolzer(at)gmail(dot)com with your name and manuscript title. (If your application was one of my favorites (that is, if I contacted you last week), you don't need to e-mail me again. I already drafted you an e-mail and will send it as soon as I wake up:) ) I do plan to share some general thoughts on the applications I received (nothing specific, mind you, just overall trends I noticed), hopefully within the next week, so keep an eye on the blog for that.

Last but not least, to those of you who were selected, congratulations! And to those of you who weren't, keep in mind that this was only one contest, one moment in time. During one of the rounds of "An Agent's Inbox" last year, I posted an entry that I absolutely fell in love with, even though The Agent that month didn't particularly care for it. A few months later, it showed up again in Authoress's Baker's Dozen Agent Auction, where it received multiple bids from multiple agents. A few weeks later, the writer was fielding multiple offers from those agents (and others), and a few months after THAT, the writer was signing a contract with one of the Big Six Big Four. So one day, one contest, doesn't tell the whole story. You never know what might be waiting just around the bend...

3 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks so much, Krista. As a first time contest enter-er (which I know isn't a word, but should be) I was (and am) so impressed with the encouragement of this whole community. I look forward to any and all feedback. :)

Tara Dairman said...

Hm...I wonder what Agent's Inbox entrant you might be talking about... =)

Also, are we really down to the Big Four now? Is HarperSchuster actually happening?

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Welcome to the fray, Alison! And thank you for your application. I truly appreciated the look.

Yes, Tara, who on EARTH could I be talking about? :) And I thought HarperSchuster was pretty much a done deal, but perhaps I'm mistaken...