Monday, November 22, 2010

A Few Housekeeping Notes

Today, I’m thankful for my health, which I only seem to notice after I get sick.

First off, I won’t be posting an agent interview this week, just so we can all enjoy the holiday, but I’m very excited about next week’s interview, which will feature Kathleen Ortiz of Lowenstein Associates. December’s a crazy month, so the interview won’t be interactive, but Ms. Ortiz came up with some wonderful answers to the usual questions.

Also, I’ve been playing around with Blogger’s pages, mostly because “Interview with an Agent” has been unnecessarily elongating my sidebar, so the link to those interview archives is now just below the title header. Maybe someday, when I’m feeling in the mood for a little self-torture, I’ll add genre listings and a bunch of other cool stuff to that “Interview with an Agent” page. For now, though, it’s just the same old list.

And just so the “Interview with an Agent” tab isn’t up there all alone, I also added a “More About Me” page (as if you didn’t already know way more than you wanted to just by reading this blog) and a “WHOSE TEETH ARE AS SWORDS” page, which features Bob’s query and first chapter.

I think that’s it. Unless anyone knows how to fix that silly-looking border around the tabs. (If I can’t figure it out, I may have to relocate them to the sidebar, because I really can’t stand that border…)

Oh, and if I don’t get a chance to say it later in the week, happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

14 comments:

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Krista!

Connie Keller said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been having my own issues with blogger. I finally had to have my daughter get into the html code--but code was what is what supposed to be. Finally, she rewrote sections of the code, which now don't make sense according to brainy daughter, but everything looks normal again. :)

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks, Deb. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Connie, yay for brainy daughters! I'd like to think mine is brainy, but it's probably too early to tell. Alas, she's only seventeen months old:)

Jenilyn Collings said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Carol Riggs said...

Ah, Krista, I think the "silly-looking border" is part of the template you chose. You'd have to go into the Design Template link and see if there is a setting where you can tweak the border colors (sometimes setting them to Transparent works). Good luck!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. We have a frosting of snow here in southern Oregon--looks festive!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thank you, Jeni!

Carol, it is part of the template. (Why, why, why couldn't they have just done a box instead of an asymmetrical ribbon?) I could almost live with the ribbon if the border weren't so...there. I've already tried playing around with the advanced settings, and while they let you adjust the post border, they don't let you adjust this one as far as I can tell. So it has to be white. And obtrusive.

Oh, and I'm glad you think snow looks festive, Carol. My opinion is a little less charitable:)

Stephanie@thecrackedslipper said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I read your query and first chapter. I think your concept is very original and timely. Makes me think of the dangers of too much information at our fingertips...and how teenagers just keep getting more tapped in...no wonder you're getting positive response. Good luck!

Esther Vanderlaan said...

Happy Thanksgiving and I love your new bar at the top! So neat! And good work with Whose teeth are like swords!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Stephanie, thanks for reading! I appreciate that.

Esther, happy Thanksgiving back. Does your family celebrate the American Thanksgiving or the Canadian Thanksgiving (or both)?

Myrna Foster said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The masses are descending tomorrow, probably while I'm at work (probably before I get the messes handled). Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!

Esther Vanderlaan said...

Both! We love it!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Ah, so you're hosting Thanksgiving this year, Myrna. Good luck with that. I still tremble at the thought:)

Esther, that's great that you celebrate both. Thanksgiving is arguably my favorite meal of the year, so I'd love to have two.

Holly said...

Happy Thanksgiving to Krista, Honey Bear, the little ones, and all the readers here. It's a chilly, rainy Thanksgiving morning here in Gettysburg, PA, a perfect day to sit by the fire. Have a wonderful day, everybody.

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, too, Holly. Gettysburg sounds like a lovely place to spend Thanksgiving (chill and rain notwithstanding:) ).